Fish in Greece is something that we eat regularly especially in the summer!
Either we cook it at home or have it in a taverna near the sea it’s always a good idea as it is healthy, light and full of vitamins.
We like to keep it simple as long as the fish is fresh you only need some extra virgin olive oil and couple more ingredients to boost the flavour.
Today I bought some sea bream fillets from Waitrose and i made one of the easiest recipes yet very health and nutritious. I always combine fish with a green salad and recently i have discovered kale which i like a lot. It’s like horta in Greece.
Here is the recipe
- 4 sea bream fillets (depending how many person you serve i think 2 for each is enough)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- one avocado
- some cherry tomatoes
Lets make it
- Heat a grill pan and add just few drops of olive oil, if you don’t have a grill pan and you use the normal non stick pan add a bit more olive oil.
- Put the fillets on the pan and add some salt, pepper and oregano
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side, fish is very easy to cook as it only needs few minutes if you overcook it, it will become dry and hard.
- Serve with a marinade of olive oil and lemon
- For the kale salad Just boil the kale for about 10 to 15 min strain it and serve it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- For the avocado salad mash the avocado and then add the juice of one lime some pepper and salt and a bit of olive oil